Become a member today by joining either the QSIDE Consortium or the Affiliate Program!
The QSIDE Consortium is an opportunity for your faculty and students to engage in topics related to social justice research. Member institutions benefit from a limited number of free registrations at the annual QSIDE Data4JusticeConference, the Community of Practice, the SQuARED justice conference, and much more.
Consortium member programs:
QSIDE’s annual Data4Justice Conference features a diverse panel of speakers presenting on data-driven research and activism in our five research pillars. Open to the public and aimed at a general audience, the Data4Justice Conference is a national platform for individuals to learn more about social justice research and to make connections, get inspired, and propel their own current and future research as well as activism agendas.
QSIDE’s Communities of Practice are working to develop support for materials for individuals, departments, and institutions looking to build social justice data science courses, curricula, and programs. Additionally, our student community of practice is open to both graduates and undergraduates who are interested in finding collaborative partners in social justice research.
The SQuARED Justice (Student Quantitative Action Research for Equity , Diversity, and Justice) Conference is an opportunity for your student researchers to present their work to members of the QSIDE, activist, and business communities. The inaugural SQuARED Justice Conference will take place in December of 2021.
The Affiliate Program
The affiliate program is open to anyone who wants to get involved with QSIDE’s work. We currently offer three tiers of afflition: ally, associate, and partner. Each tier will have different benefits and requirements.
Affiliate Program Benefits and Requirements:
- Be part of a social justice oriented community
- Stay up-to-date on QSIDE’s work and on events/opportunities
- Access QSIDE’s membership directory
- Act in accordance with QSIDE fundamental principles
- Consent to be listed in the QSIDE membership directory
- All benefits of QSIDE Ally membership
- Eligibility to apply for QSIDE grants
- Professional support for grant-writing, activism, and/or research that falls within the QSIDE mission
- All requirements of QSIDE Ally membership
- Place QSIDE Affilliate information in professional email signature
- Cite QSIDE Affilliate status in appearances, presentations, and publications relevant to the QSIDE mission
- Support occasional fundraising drives by sharing fundraising links on social media
- Verify maintained social justice activity via a one-paragraph (maximum) summary of efforts submitted annually to renew QSIDE Affiliate membership
- All benefits of QSIDE Associate membership
- Opportunity to influence the future goals and activities of QSIDE
- Eligibility to apply for QSIDE Fellow status
- All requirements of QSIDE Associate membership
- Participate in at least one project housed within QSIDE
As a small but growing startup non-profit committed to the using cutting-edge data science techniques to ask, answer, and address questions of social justice and inequality, your sponsorship of our key programs has an enormous impact.
One of the most impactful ways to support QSIDE and our work is through the sponsorship of our events and programming. There are five QSIDE programs for which sponsorships are available: Colloquium Series, Datathon4Justice, Data4Justice Conference, DRIVER program, and the Fellowship Program. There are four levels of sponsorship for each program: Platinum Sponsor, Gold Sponsor Silver Sponsor, and Bronze Sponsor.